Irrespective of age, chicken dishes are relished by all. Grill it, fry it or add in your favourite soup – chicken can be savoured in many forms. Chicken Bharta (Shredded Chicken Curry) is a quintessential North Indian dish and is rich in flavour and spices. It is said that this dish originated from restaurant kitchens and was a result of experimentation with leftover chicken. To minimise waste, the chefs shredded the leftover meat and prepared it in rich creamy gravy. However, today, it has emerged as a highly popular dish. Here, we have shared the recipe of chicken bharta for you:
1/2 KG Chicken (shredded/ minced)
3 large Onions (finely chopped)
3 tbsp mustard oil
4 Black cardamoms
2 Bay leaves
1 tbsp Black peppercorns
Asafoetida (just a pinch)
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp chopped Ginger
1 tbsp chopped Garlic
3 whole Green chillies
3 large tomatoes (chopped)
1 tbsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
1 tbsp Coriander powder
1 tsp Turmeric powder
2 Chicken stock cubes (powdered)
1 tsp Garam masala powder
Salt (as per taste)
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
1 tbsp lemon juice
1.Take a pan and heat mustard oil. Now add bay leaves, black peppercorns, black cardamoms, and asafoetida. Fry till fragrant.
2. Now, add cumin seeds followed by chopped ginger and garlic. Sauté till the mixture turns light brown.
3. Add the finely chopped onions and again fry for a minute. Now, cut the whole green chillies into halves and add to it.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes in the pan and saute the mixture until the tomatoes turn pulpy.
5. Add Kashmiri red chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala, coriander powder, chicken stock powder and salt. Mix well for a few minutes.
6. Put the shredded/minced chicken and cook for 10 minutes. Stir continuously to avoid sticking.
7. Add the lemon juice and coriander leaves. Mix well.
Chicken Bharta is ready. Serve hot with roti, naan or pulao.
We hope you will enjoy this recipe. In case you want to Buy Chicken online from delybazar, then visit our “Chicken” section and place your order with us and avoid the hassle of visiting the market.