Mother’s day is the perfect day to show your mother how much you care. This day you can give your mother a break from the kitchen and surprise her with a delightful meal.
Here we have for you a couple of chicken recipes for you. Try these out and surprise your mother with your culinary skills:
1 Kg Chicken
1 Chopped Onion
1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
2 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Cumin Powder
1 tsp Pepper Powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
1/4th cup Yogurt
1/4th cup Coconut Milk
3-4 tsp Lemon Juice – 3-4 tbsp
2 tsp Oil – 2 tbsp
1 Bay Leaf – 1
1 tsp Ginger paste
7-8 Garlic cloves
1 bunch of cilantro
1 bunch mint
Marinate the chicken with salt, lemon juice, pepper powder. Keep it for half an hour.
2. Paste ginger, garlic, cilantro and mint. You can add a bit of water to make it smooth.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Add bay leaf and fennel seeds followed by finely chopped onions. Saute till it is golden brown.
4. Add the paste and let it cook until the oil separates. Cook for about 10 minutes.
5. Add yogurt, turmeric, coriander, cumin powder, and garam masala. Stir for some time and then add the chicken.
6. Saute the chicken for at least 5 minutes. Add water, salt and boil it.
7. Cover the pan and cook till the oil separates from the gravy. Once the chicken is tender, add coconut milk to it.
Serve the haryali murg with rice or roti.
1 Kg Boneless skinless chicken thighs or breast
2 Garlic cloves: Garlic
2 tsp rosemary
2 tsp Margarine
1 tsp Olive oil (you can also use vegetable oil)
2/3 cup Lemon juice
Take a frying pan and put margarine and oil together. Heat it until the margarine melts.
2. Add garlic and rosemary in the pan and stir fry for at least 2 minutes. Add lemon juice and bring it to a boil.
3. Now add the chicken and fry until it turns brown.
4. Once the chicken is done, add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Cover the pan and cook for 20 to 30 minutes on a low flame.
Serve hot with fried rice or pulao.
Chicken Maharaja Curry
500 gm chicken (cut in cubes)
Half cup vegetable oil
2 tsp cumin seed
3 Finely chopped onions
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp garam masala
5-6 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ginger paste
5 chopped tomatoes
Heat oil in a saucepan. Add cumin seed and cook until they pop.
Add chopped onion, and cook until golden brown.
Add turmeric, cayenne, garam masala, garlic, and ginger. Stir fry it for 6-10 minutes.
Blend the tomatoes to make a puree and add that puree to the saucepan.
Add the and simmer gently.
Cook it for 20-30 minutes. You can add water if needed.
Once the chicken is tender, your dish is ready!