Chili chicken recipe is a popular dish that is perfect for meat lovers. You get a flour coating over the chicken that helps in delivering the taste. If you have attempted to cook Manchurian dishes at home, you should then read on for the recipe:
The best way to making chili chicken is through seasoning of the flour batter. The chicken should be fried and the corn flour added in right quantity. Here are the quick ingredients and the method of preparation
250 to 500 grams of boneless chicken pieces, cubed
- Half a cup of plain flour or Maida
- A teaspoon of soy sauce
- A quarter cup of cornflour or cornstarch
- A tinge of black pepper powder
- A teaspoon of ginger garlic paste
- A quarter teaspoon of Kashmiri chili powder
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- A cup of cubed onions
- Half a cup of cubed capsicum or colorful bell peppers
- About 3 green chilies and a teaspoon of crushed garlic
- A teaspoon of grated ginger
- A teaspoon of tomato ketchup
- Some drops of vinegar or lime juice
- 2 tablespoon of minced spring onions or coriander leaves for garnish
Method of preparation:
Cut the chicken pieces and clean them well before dipping them in the batter. Make small cubes and then prepare the ingredients.
- Mix the batter and add a lot water to make it thick. Heat the oil.
- After dipping each piece of chicken in the batter, add the chicken pieces to the oil.
- The oil should be smoking hot and fry on till golden brown. Carefully drain and set them aside. Proceed with the next batch of chicken and fry them till golden brown.
- Drain and set aside the chicken pieces. Add the onions and garlic along with the green chilies. Saute till golden brown and check if the onions are brown and transparent.
- Add the soy sauce and lemon juice, tomato or tomato ketchup
- Saute for 2 more minutes and then add the chicken pieces and capsicum.
- Sprinkle water and cover the pan. Check for salt and garnish with coriander and spring onions.