Health conscious people out there would dismiss the golden and aromatic Ghee or clarified butter for its extreme fat content, but do you know that this power food has tremendous health benefits? Ayurveda, the ancient Indian medicine science, considers that Ghee contains the essence of all plants as it is prepared from Cow’s milk and boosts intellect or “Dhi”.
If you are still sceptical about putting that extra dollop of Ghee in your food, here we have listed its health benefits for you:
1. Ghee reduces the risk of heart ailments. A study published in International Journal of Obesity in 2007 found that it is loaded with conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a type of fatty acid. This protects the heart against carcinogens,prevents artery plaque build-up and reduces the risk of diabetes.
2. Ghee boosts digestion. It contains high amount of butyric acid, a type of fatty acid that provided nourishment to your gut lining and the cells of the intestine. This helps in reducing inflammation and heals the mucosal wall, thus, improving digestion. Moreover, it also stimulates the production of gastric acids, thus improving your appetite. Also, it prevents inflammatory bowels diseases such as ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s disease.
3. Ghee helps you lose weight. The CLA of Conjugated Linoleic Acid helps you shed the extra pounds. A study conducted on overweight participants over a period of six months showed that regular consumption of ghee helped them reduce weight significantly.
4. Ghee boosts energy. It is rich in medium chain fatty acids. The liver uses these fatty acids to get the required energy for the body. People who lead a high-energy lifestyle or are actively involved in sports, ghee can be their ideal supplement for energy.
5. Ghee is a great antioxidant. Carotenoid and Vitamin A is well known for their antioxidant properties. These substances are present in ghee and together with CLA and Butyric Acid, it helps reduce the oxidative stress in your body and flushes any harmful free radicals from your system.
6. Ghee Boosts your immune system. The Butyric acid contained in ghee facilitates the production of T-cells in your body. These cells, in turn, improves the function of your immune system.
Ayurveda considers Ghee as one of the most sattvic foods. Such food items purify body, mind and soul and expands your consciousness. Want to buy ghee online? Visit Delybazar and order the best