Mutton Pulao is a perfect dish for celebrating any occasion. Here is the recipe to prepare this scrumptious dish easily at your home:
Ingredients for Mutton Pulao
Mutton chops -350 gram
Rice- 2 cups (washed and soaked)
Black cardamoms- 4
Peppercorns- 1 teaspoon
Red chillies- 4 whole
Cloves – 6
Cinnamon stick -1 (roughly broken)
Ghee- 4 tablespoon
Onions – 2 large (finely sliced)
Salt (as per taste)
Kashmiri chilli powder- 1 tablespoon
Allspice – 1 teaspoon (powdered)
2 cups of hot water (for boiling the rice)
Food Colour (a few drops)
Turmeric- 1 teaspoon
Tomato- 1 (chopped)
Ginger-Garlic Paste- 3 tablespoon
1.Wash the mutton pieces properly. Prepare the mutton stock by pressure cooking the mutton with turmeric, cloves and cinnamon stick.
2.Strain the mutton and keep the stock aside.
3.Now heat ghee in a pan. After that add peppercorns, cardamom, cloves and the whole red chillies. Stir fry for a few minute.
4. Once they are fragrant, add the onions and fry till they turn golden brown.
5. Now add chopped tomatoes and fry till they are soft.
4.Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for a few minutes.
5.Now, add the meat followed by allspice powder, chilli powder, and salt.
6.Cook the meat until it turns opaque. Once cooked, add two cups of water. Bring it to boil.
7.Now lower the heat and cover the pan. Cook till the meat is tender.
8. Once the meat is ready, strain it and keep aside.
9. Now add three the mutton stock in the remaining gravy. You can add more water, depending on the amount of rice you will be cooking.
10. Now put the rice and meat.
11. Lower the heat and cover the pan. Let it cook for a few minutes or until the rice is ready.
12.Once ready, sprinkle food colour in a trail and cook for another 5 minutes.
Your mutton pulao is ready. Serve hot with chutney or cucumber raita.
We hope you try this at your home and enjoy the recipe. You can now buy mutton online. Simply visit Delybazar and order online. We will deliver it to your doorstep.