Rohu Fish or Rui Machh is a staple of every Bengali household. This fish is readily available in the market and a number of dishes can be prepared with this single fish. Here, we have shared 2 tasty Rohu fish recipes for you:
Doi Rui (Rohu cooked in Yoghurt)
1. Rohu Fish (scaled and cut into pieces)- 1 kilograms
2. Curd- 200 gm
3. Green Chillies- 4 (whole)
4. Turmeric powder- 1 1/2 teaspoon
5. Ginger paste: 1 tablespoon
6. Red Chilli powder: 1 1/2 teaspoon
7. Onion (paste): 2
8. Salt (as per taste)
9. Mustard oil- 2 tablespoon
1. Take a bowl and put curd, a tablespoon of onion paste, half tablespoon of ginger, a pinch of turmeric and chilli powder. Make a mixture. Now marinate the fish with the mixture for about 20 minutes.
2. Now, heat mustard oil and add the remaining onion and ginger paste. Saute till brown.
3. Now add the fish pieces. Add salt, chilli powder, turmeric and whole green chillies. Cook the fish from both side for about 15 minutes.
4. Add water (if required). Cover the pan and let it simmer for a few minutes or until the fish is tender.
Serve hot with rice.
Rui Kalia (Spicy Rohu Curry)
1.Rohu Fish (500 gm)
2. Chopped Tomato – 2
3. Onion – 1
4. Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
5. Garlic cloves – 3
6. Jeera (whole Cumin seeds) – ½ tablespoon
7. Turmeric powder – 3 teaspoon
8. Red Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
9. Kashmiri Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
10. Mustard Oil – 3 tablespoon
11. Green chilies – 4
12. Chopped Coriander leaves
13. Salt & sugar (as per taste)
1. Take a bowl and put the fish. Rub the pieces with turmeric and salt. Set aside for 30 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pan and fry the fish pieces from both side. Once done, keep aside.
3. Again heat oil in the pan and add Cumin seeds and let it splutter.Add ginger and onion paste, tomato and saute for a minute. Sprinkle a bit of water (if the mixture turns sticky). Once cooked, add turmeric, red chillie powder, whole green chillies, Kashmiri chilli powder and sugar. Fry for 5 minutes.
4. Add water and let it simmer. Now add the fish pieces. Cover the pan and cook for 7 minutes.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.
Want to buy Rohu fish online? Visit Delybazar and order with us.