Pomfret is a delightful fish that is typically devoured by Indians. The Avoli, as the fish is popularly known across India, can be a great dish to be enjoyed with roti or even rice.
Here are the best ingredients and method of cooking the best tandoori Pomfret Fish Recipe:
Pomfret fish, or even Avoli- 250 gms
One teaspoon of red chilli powder
Half a teaspoon of garam masala
Half a teaspoon of lemon juice
Half a cup of thick hung curd
One tablespoon of gram flour
1 teaspoon of ginger paste
1 teaspoon of garlic paste
A pinch of chat masala
Oil for glazing
Salt to taste
Method of preparation:
- To prepare the dish, you need make deep cuts into the body of the fish and then marinade in the curd and the red chilli powder. You can also add in the garam masala or leave it till the end.
- After keeping it aside for a good 20 minutes, you should mix the curd and gram flour, the garlic paste and the ginger paste with chat masala. Add in the slat as much as required.
- Keep the fish aside for a good 3 hours.
- Once done, place the marinated fish on a grill rack and cook for a good part of 10 minutes. Excess oil and the marinade will accumulate on the dish below.
- Try and brush the fish with an oil brush and add some butter if required. The fish should be on grill for over 15 minutes.
- Cook till golden brown and your yummy tandoori fish is ready to eaten with bread or even plain without a staple. You can also jab in some lemon and serve red hot with some onion slices!